Information from the folks at Georgia Watch:
Consumer expert and Georgia Watch board member Clark Howard believes that a donation to Georgia Watch is, “double the bang for your buck because you’re helping a great organization that’s working for you and you get savings back on your income tax.”
To watch Clark ’s special message about Georgia Watch in its entirety, visit our home page at www.GeorgiaWatch.org. While there, you can also meet our staff, view pictures from our recent consumer education programs, get important consumer resource information, and make your secure, online tax-deductible donation.
Your donation will support:
* Consumer workshops: Georgia Watch has participated in over 50 free workshops across the state on popular to pics such as identity theft, personal finance management and predatory loan scams.
* Policy: Credible research helps elected officials craft appropriate consumer protection laws and regulations. This year, Georgia enacted a law authorizing credit freeze for consumers – for one of the lowest fees in the country!
* Awareness: Increasing awareness about consumer issues with our newsletters, reports and frequent work with the media.
Georgia Watch members receive:
* Quarterly newsletters: Eight pages of consumer information and advice.
* Annual legislative reference and report: A rundown of the most important consumer legislation in Georgia every year, with a detailed account of how your elected officials vote.
* Georgia Watch member emails: Updates about events and the highlights of our work with the media.
Georgia Watch depends on member support, tax-deductible donations and volunteer hours. We look forward to continuing our service to Georgia consumers every day, and appreciate all of your dedication and support.